Choosing the most fitting and flattering eye glasses can be tough. Some people might even try on every single pair of eye glasses in the store, and still might not find a pair that suits them. There are a few factors to consider when buying a new pair of eye glasses. It’s important to discover your face shape and coloring, and understanding which style and shape of eye glasses will be best suitable for you.
As for the face shape….
Three main things to consider:
1. The shape of the frame should be in scale with the size of your face.
2. The eye wear you choose should reflect your best quality (i.e. green eyes to green frames)
3. The shape of the frame should contrast with your face shape.
You may not know the shape of your face. And there are quite a few face shapes. Here’s a small description of each one.
Oval: considered to be the “ideal” face because it seems most portioned. Try frames that are as wide as the widest part of the face.
Oblong: this face is longer than it is wide. Frames that have more depth than width make the oblong face seem shorter.
Base-up triangle: has a wide top third of the face and a small bottom third. Frames that are wider at the bottom seem to minimize the top of the face.
Diamond: broad cheekbones but are narrow at the eye line and jawbone. Rimless frames or frames that have a detailed brow line.
Square: has a strong jawline and broad forehead. Narrow frames could help make the face seem longer.
Round: has curved lines with the length and width in the same proportions. Narrow angular frames will help the face seem longer.
Color Analysis: 3 things to remember
1. The color of the eye wear should complement one’s personal coloring.
2. People either have a warm coloring or a cool coloring.
3. All people look best in their own coloring.
Eye Wear Unlimited can answer any other questions or concerns you may have regarding the perfect eye glasses just for YOU.
1140 13th Street
Columbus, GA 31906