1. Make sure your hands are clean before applying or taking out your contact lenses.
2. Not only should you clean your lenses before you apply them, you should also make sure your case for your contacts is cleaned as well. Your case should be replaced every 3 months.
3. Make sure you take your contacts out before swimming.
4. Contacts may cause dry eyes, make sure you carry re-wetting drops with you to avoid this.
5. Never allow soaps, hair products, or cosmetics come in contact with your lenses.
6. Do not wear your lenses overnight if you are not instructed to do so. Doing so can cause bacterial infections.
7. If your eyes become red or irritated, do not continue to wear contacts.
8. Have a pair of glasses on hand as well, in case your contacts are uncomfortable or your eyes become irritated.
9. Don’t reuse your contact solution. Make sure it is replaced every time you take your lenses out.
10. Never wet your contact lenses with tap water. Tap water can contain impurities that can cause eye infections. Use the solution your eye doctor recommends.
11. Never share contact lenses with anyone. This can also cause infections.
12. If your contacts have expired, do not use them. Call your eye doctor for another prescription.
Wearing contacts for the first time can be tricky if you are not educated on proper cleaning and handling. Your eye care provider should provide you with instructions on how to do so. It is important to schedule appointments regularly with your eye care specialist to ensure the contacts are working out for you. At Eye Wear Unlimited, we will provide you with the best contacts for you and make sure all your questions are answered when it comes to wearing contacts.